Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Sambal Tempe Ikan Bilis

I was so happy and excited when I finally found tempe at the store 
For those who could not find it
Go to the frozen/fridge alley in the Asian store
Treasure was hidden in it

I decided to whip up some dishes from mum's recipe 
I cooked Sambal Tempe Ikan Bilis
The crispy Anchovies; crunchy Peanuts and fragrantly Tempe mixed in spicy Sambal are definitely a memorable dish that brought me back to my uni life in Jakarta, hated the life but deeply fell in love with the food : )

Every dishes reflected different memory of us...
What are yours?

Simple Spices needed, richly satisfied my taste buds 

10 red Chilies
2 Shallot
1 Red Onion
2 cloves of Garlic
1 tiny block of Shrimp Paste

You can use blender/mortal&pestle to mash those spices (as you prefer)


1 packet of Tempe 
100 gr Peanut
100 gr Anchovies
Oil for frying

Method:
1. Cut Tempe into bite sizes
2. Rinse Anchovies, drained well
3. Prepare oil for frying
4. Fry Tempe, Peanuts, and Anchovies separately until golden brown
5. Drain excess oil using paper towel, set aside

Spices:
1. Put a little bit of Oil and fry the chilly paste until fragrant
2. Add in 2 tbsp Tamarind Puree
3. Salt & Sugar (Lots) to taste
4. Turn off the heat 
5. Finally, tossed with fried Tempe, Peanuts and Anchovies
6. Serve


Happy Cooking
xoxo



No comments: