Easy comfort food to warm us in this freezing weather - Chicken Soup. The blended spices enhance the flavour of this chicken soup after a few minutes of sautéing in a well-heated wok. Fragrance was all over the kitchen. An approachable dish to feed the tummy at a cold evening.
2 Chicken Thigh
1 ltr Water
1 small Red Onion
3 cloves Garlic
2 cm Ginger
1 tsp Whole White Pepper
3 Star Anise
2 unripe Tomatoes
2 stalks Spring Onion
2 tsp Chicken Stock
Fried Shallot (Adjustable)
- Put red onion; garlic; ginger; whole white pepper in a food processor. Blend into paste.
- Heat up wok with a little bit of oil, saute the blended paste together with star anise and clove, until it turns golden.
- Boil water in a pot. Add in sautéed paste. Put in chicken; carrot; potatoes. Cook for about 20 minutes.
- Take out the cooked chicken, set aside.
- Torn the chicken after it has cooled down, set aside.
- After 20 minutes of boiling, turn off the heat. Add in finely chopped spring onion; unripe tomatoes and fried shallot.
- Cover the pot and leave for 15 minutes.
- Garnish with the torn-chicken, serve immediately with rice/ individually.
10 Red Chillies
5 clove Garlic
3 Tbsp fresh Lemon Juice
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Sugar
- With mortal and pestle, crush the red chillies and garlic coarsely.
- Add lemon juice; salt and sugar. Mix well.
- Serve with the chicken soup