Mr.S loves fried rice. Rather than using chicken egg i switched to salted duck egg to toss in this fried rice, which is turned out presentable on the dining table as well as tasty.
1 tbsp Olive Oil for frying
2 clove garlic
1/4 small White Onion
1 small bowl of White Rice (1 day old preferred)
1 Salted Duck Egg
1 Sweet Corn
2 small Red Chillies
1 Stalk Spring Onion
1 tsp Chicken Powder
Dash of white pepper
Dash of Black Pepper
30 gr of Torn-chicken
- Finely chop the garlic; white onion; and spring onion. Set aside.
- Separate the salted duck egg yolk with the white in different bowl. Mash the yolk with fork.
- Separate the sweet corn seeds with a knife. Set aside.
- Deseed the red chillies and chop finely. Set aside.
- Heat up wok with 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Saute garlic and white onion until fragrant/soften.
- Add in white rice, toss well with the garlic and white onion.
- Pour in salted duck egg white, stir well with the rice. Keep stirring to prevent burnt.
- Add in corn; red chillies; spring onion; and mashed salted duck egg yolk. Tossing on a small heat for 5 minutes.
- Flavoured with chicken powder; white pepper and black pepper. Keep tossing to combine well.
- Garnish with torn-chicken. I was using some left over from the Chicken Soup i have cooked last night.