Lunch Box for Mr. S...
I whipped up something easy - some typical dish that Asian Mum will prepare for us....
Oh, Mum... Again??
I know "Home-sick" after my further step for education.. First, Jakarta. Second, Australia.
Living in a tiny room at Jakarta, i didn't manage to whip myself meal everytime...Oops!!!
In fact, i were well-spoilt at Jakarta!!
"Mbak... Beliin makan dunk!!!" = Totally damaged.... haha....
When you step out of the house, Food is EVERYWHERE!!! Oh-No-Wonder!!! Hello excuses... :p
When you heard someone cracking the "wooden cart-held" with "spatula???".. not sure if they did this with spatula... hehehe..
It's our famous TEK TEK!! you know what i mean if you are Indonesian :p
You can get a packet of fried rice/noodle ready in 10 minutes, just by yelling down from third floor...Exciting!!!
Sometime i will just missing my mum's home cook... I AM RIGHT NOW!!
Grocery Shopping, SCORE!!
Yummy Food, VOILA!!
Fat, EXPECTED!! *faint*
White Onion & Chives Fried Omelette
5 Chicken Eggs
1 White Onion (Finely Chopped)
Bunch of Chives (Finely Chopped)
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Chicken Powder
Dash of Fish Sauce
Dash of White Pepper
Dash of Black Pepper
Olive Oil for frying
- Rub salt on finely chopped white onion, it will soften the onion in 10 minutes.
- Heat up frying pan with oil, sauté white onion and chives until slightly brow, move to clean plate.
- In a bowl, crack in eggs, lightly beaten with chopsticks.
- Add in chicken powder, fish sauce, white pepper, black pepper, white onion and chives, mix well.
- Pour the egg batter into frying pan on a small heat. (I divided the egg batter into 2 portion, fry twice)
- Pan fry each side for 3 minutes.
You must be thinking... Ew.. Bitter Gourd... Mr S and I both love this vegie : )
This can be a wonderful dish, if you are trying to combine sweet and sour in it... Madness!!!
Stir-Fry Bitter Gourd with Beef in Fermented Soy Bean and Tamarind Sauce
2 Bitter Gourd (Deseeded and Thinly Chopped)
100 gr Sliced Beef
4 cloves Garlic (Coarsely Chopped)
1 tsp Salt (For Marinade)
1 tsp Chicken Powder
2 tbsp Fermented Soy Bean
2 tbsp Tamarind Sauce
4 tbsp Sugar
Few Drops of Dark Soya Sauce
Dash of Fish Sauce
Olive Oil for Stir Fry
- Rub salt on thinly chopped bitter gourd, leave for 30 minutes. This will soften the bitter gourd.
- After 30 minutes, drain the excess water remained on the bitter gourd.
- Heat up wok with oil, sauté garlic until slightly brown.
- Add in bitter gourd, stir fry for 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle few dash of fish sauce on the entire side of wok. This will cause a tingly burnt that smell fantastic.
- Add in fermented soy bean and tamarind sauce.
- Splash few drops of dark soy bean sauce on the bitter gourd.
- Add in seasoning - chicken powder and sugar.
- Stir fry until seasoning are dissolved.
- Arrange on a clean plate.
Has topped the Omelette with Sambal Ebi, perfection!!! - will post out the recipe someday : )