Triggers my mind to have'em a bite!!
The fragrance was just oh-so-nice!!
And the colour was just oh-so-tanned and oh-so-sexy!!
From this moment, i know biting a thickly sliced tempeh was just oh-so-blessed!!
They are just the greatest gift from GOD * Bear with me!! i am getting exaggerating*
But, i couldn't help myself to stop over-describing...
Just because they were simply yummy!!
Serve 5-6 (a possibilty to be reduced to 3-4 serving, because they are really yum, hehehe...)
2 blocks Tempeh, thickly sliced (250 gr each block)
Lots of Garlic, peeled ( i used 1 1/2 whole Garlic)
Lots of Shallot, peeled (i used 4 Shallots)
Kecap Manis (Sweet Soy Sauce) - i used 2 tbsp *approx*
Salt and Pepper
- Using Mortal and Pestle, coarsely pound the garlic and shallots
- In a bowl (or ziplock bag), combine pounded garlic, shallots, kecap manis, salt & pepper. Mix well
- Add in tempeh, toss
- Marinade for at least 4 hours (best leave overnight) in the fridge - i left mine overnight
- Next day, line the baking tray with aluminium foil, lightly grease with olive oil
- Arrange tempeh on the baking tray, oven-bake for 20 minutes *approx* (10 minutes each side) in a 220 degree heated oven
- Serve warm