I am gonna bombing you with another so-refreshing-smoothie after that Monster!
I am seriously get hooked with some blended smoothie, which filled me instantly!
I wanted Avocado Smoothie last night. But...they weren't on stock...
So, i re-united with my love, Pumpkin - I was having a love affair with this sweetheart last time : )
I also made that crunchy thingie to accessorize my love...Arrghhh!! i could even snack on'em individually!!
Pumpkin & Banana Smoothie
1 cup Butternut Pumpkin, peeled and steamed until soft
1/2 medium ripe frozen Banana
200 ml unsweetened Soy Milk
Honey (or Maple Syrup or other sweetener of your choice)*optional*
N.B : i didn't put any sweetener and it was already so good!
- Skin butternut pumpkin, steam until soft, set aside, chilled
- In a blender, add in soy milk; frozen banana; and chilled pumpkin
- Add honey (or Maple Syrup or other sweetener of your choice) if neccessary *optional*
- Blend in high speed to a smooth texture
- Tranfer to glass
- Top with almond crunch (see below)
- Serve immediately
Roasted Almond Crunch w/ Honey and Cinnamon
Makes 30 gr *approx* (1 handful)
Handful of unsalted Roasted Almond (you can make more definitely)*
1 tbsp Honey
Sprinkle of Cinnamon (1 tsp approx)
Oil for brushing
- Preheat oven to 150'C
- Using mortal and pestle, grind almond coarsely
- Add in honey and cinnamon, combine
- Line a baking tray with baking paper, lightly grease with olive oil
- Arrange almond mixture on the baking tray and oven-roast for 10-15 minutes ( or until it turns darker)**
*Roast almond first until it turns brown before combining other ingredients if you are using raw almond
**While roasting the almond, keep watching the oven temperature carefully as they get burn easily
I burnt all my almond crunch on the first batch!! : (