I am one of the healthy-junkies in this earth :p
Inspiration come to mama... Ding!! Zucchini Pasta Bolognese!!
Thinking of meat? hmm.. I am not really a big meat eater...
I decided to use tempeh as the substitution of minced meat, Deal!!!
"Meatless" Zucchini Pasta Bolognese
1/2 Red Onion (or White Onion)
400 gr of tinned Whole Peeled Tomatoes
1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 block of Tempeh (from a packet of 250 gr)
Enough water to boil Zucchini Pasta
Grated Parmesan Cheese for garnish
1 tsp Vegetable Stock
1 tbsp Raw Sugar ( or adjust according to personal taste) - i like mine sweeter
Dash of Black Pepper
Dash of Nutmeg Powder *optional*
1. Zucchini Pasta
- Peel off the skin of Zucchini using a peeler
- Thinly slice Zucchini (i sliced as could as possible to imitate the form of fettuccine)
- Heat up pot of water, wait until it is boiled thoroughly, add in Zucchini
- Boil for 1 minute only*
- Drain excess water, set aside
*Avoid boiling too long as it will soften the Zucchini and causing it lacks of texture
2. Bolognese Sauce
- Mashed Tempeh with cleaned bare hand ( you can use a fork for hygiene issue)*
- Heat up non-stick frying pan with oil
- Saute Onion until slightly fragrant
- Pour in tinned Tomatoes, simmer in medium low heat for 3 minutes (or until it boils)
- Add in mashed Tempeh, and cook for further 3 minutes
- Add in all seasoning ingredients, taste - adjust as you like : )
- Turn off heat
* I don't mind using my bare hand as it will ended up in my own stomach, haha...
Arrange Zucchini Pasta on a clean plate and pour enough of Bolognese Sauce - as desired...
Sprinkle with grated Parmesan Cheese... a little bit won't break the scale!! : )
Finally, grab your fork and enjoy this vegetarian, gluten-free and guilt-free meal!!!